BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO POD VAPING
New to Vaping?
The last decade has seen more and more people choosing vaping for a healthier and sustainable alternative to smoking. This has led to an influx of new equipment and devices in the industry.
Vaping designs have evolved in leaps and bounds since the first commercial e-cigarette was developed in 2003. With every development, vapers are given more choices, improved safety and improved ease of use and convenience.
One such innovation is the closed-system pod vape. Pod systems are more sophisticated and far safer than the earlier forms of e-cigarettes. Often referred to as a pod mod or pod system they offer an affordable and convenient option to ex-smokers and vapers to ensure they remain smoke-free.
Most beginners and long term users prefer and love their pod vape due to their ease of use, safety, convenient pricing, discrete vapor production and consistent performance.
The Basics: What Beginners Need to Know About Pod Vapes
A pod vape is a vaping system which utilizes refillable or pre-filled cartridges that contain nicotine e-liquid which gives them the ultimate convenience advantage.
The detachable cartridge (i.e. pod) is attached to a small, battery-powered device. Some pod systems have an on/off switch to power up the batteries and heat the in-built coil within the pod, while others are triggered automatically by inhaling.
Essentially, there are 2 types of pod vapes. Pre-filled pod systems or Refillable pod systems.
- Pre-filled pod vapes have cartridges already filled in the laboratory by the manufacturer with e-liquids made by the manufacturer. These pre-filled pods are what is known as a closed-system, and cannot be refilled by the user with their own e-liquid. The advantage of closed pod systems for new vapers is they don’t have to worry about refilling the pods with e-liquid. This is by far the safest and healthiest way to vape.
- Refillable pods can be refilled. Whilst this may seem advantageous, it is often difficult and messy, especially as vapers need to buy their own liquids and refilling equipment.. Sadly, some online stores sell e-liquids that do not meet full regulation requirements, leading to the risk of inhaling unknown substances into your lungs. Refillable pods and mixing your own e-liquids may also mean inconsistent e-liquid/nicotine mixes and frustrations with a nicotine hit that is too weak or too strong.
How Do Pod Vapes Work?
The section above explains what pod vapes are, but how do they work exactly?
Cartridges or pods which hold and vaporize your e-liquid are central to a pod vaping system. Unlike older-style larger vaping devices with larger refillable tanks and atomizers, the pod-based units only require a cartridge to do the job of both containing the juice and vaporizing it. This makes it an all-in-one, self-contained maintenance-free device, with everything you need for vaping in a self contained device.
Pods are inserted into the battery-operated vaping device. Air is drawn through the mouthpiece, activating the heating process and turning the e-liquid to vapor. It’s the simplest and safest way to vape! Take small puffs to get a feel for the vapor and nicotine sensation before stepping up to full inhalation.
Pod Vapes provide superior and safer nicotine delivery systems to help you quit tobacco cigarettes and eventually become nicotine-free.
Advantages of Pod Vapes
Vape pod systems are becoming a favorite among vapers because of their numerous benefits. Users are able to start vaping straight out of the box. Switching out pods could not be simpler - you simply pull out and click in a replacement pod. You can switch e-liquid flavours instantly!
Beyond their ease of use, practicality and convenience have a lot going for them. Here’s a list of advantages for pod vape systems for those considering taking up vaping:
- Affordable. While pod systems can vary slightly in cost depending on the brand, they are proven to be 82% cheaper than smoking cigarettes.
- Discreet. Forget about producing giant vapor clouds and drawing people’s unwanted attention. Podvapes produce minimal amounts of vapor due to the type and higher concentrations of nicotine salt in the e-liquid. This essentially means users can be discreet especially in public places.
- Convenient. Without the need to repair or replace coils, cotton and e-liquid pod vapes offer users a simple, hassle-free experience. They are a portable, no-fuss option for anyone on-the-go.
- Low maintenance. Pod systems require minimal maintenance in comparison to their larger box mod counterparts. A general wipe down with a clean cloth is all that is needed.
- Leak proof. Other vaping systems have the potential to leak, coils can burn out, complex parts can become loose or e-liquid can leak through openings into your pocket or bag.
- Healthier. Vaping has been stated by the Ministry of Health in England to be 95% healthier than smoking. This statement holds as long as customers source their vaping supplies from reputable, genuine and trusted suppliers such as PodVapes.
Everyday more and more people are switching from smoking tobacco to pod vaping in search for a healthier lifestyle.
Pod vapes are the ultimate method to start living smoke-free. We believe they are the key to reducing the millions of preventable smoking related deaths each year.
We hope this article has helped shed some light on the benefits of why you should make the switch today and try pod vaping. Now is the time to start living the smoke-free life you and your loved ones deserve. What are you waiting for?